What Happens After an Accident?
After an accident, many victims often do not understand that they have a right to fair compensation if the liable party was negligent. A claim can be filed with the at-fault party’s insurance company seeking damages for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses.
It is important that you retain experienced legal representation as soon as possible, or you may lose out on your chances to seek the maximum compensation you are owed. As time passes, evidence can be lost, memories can fade, or an eyewitness can be more difficult to track. Learn your rights by speaking to an personal injury attorney today.
What To Do After an Accident
- Check for injuries If anyone requires medical assistance, call for an ambulance immediately.
- Call the police. Wait for police officers to arrive and make sure to request a copy of the police report afterwards.
- Gather information. Take down names, addresses, insurance information, and contact information of the drivers, passengers, and witnesses,
- Seek evidence. Take as many pictures and write down as many details as possible regarding the accident, including weather conditions, the vehicles, and other important considerations. The more evidence you have, the stronger your claim is.
- Seek medical attention. Some injuries do not show up immediately, so it is critical that you have a professional monitor you for health symptoms following the accident.
- Contact a Denver injury attorney. Before you talk to insurance companies, speak with an attorney. He or she can help you file a claim or discuss whether a settlement offer is fair. If your case requires litigation, your lawyer can also represent you in trial.
How Our Denver Injury Attorney Can Help
One of the biggest obstacles for victims when seeking fair compensation is in dealing with insurance companies. Insurance companies are known for offering lowball settlements, unfairly denying claims, or even blaming you for an accident.
At our firm, we have an attorney who used to work for insurance companies. We know how they assess claims and the tactics they use to minimize a payout. Our team can help you prepare a strong claim and negotiate strategically for the maximum compensation. We are firm in our approach and our willingness to take a claim to court – which often works to our clients’ advantages.
Call us at (720) 709-2180 to learn how we can help you after an accident.
15+ Years of Trial-Tested Experience
Former Insurance Defense Lawyer Helping You
5/5 AV Preeminent® Rating for Ethics & Skill
Colorado Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠
National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40 in CO